|Instructor: Prof. Songhwai Oh (오성회)
Email: songhwai (at) snu.ac.kr
Office Hours: TTh 10:45-11:30AM
Office: Building 301 Room 702
|Course Number: 420.310-002
Time: TTh 9:30-10:45 AM
Location: Building 301 Room 201
|TA #1: Sangseok Yoon (윤상석)
Email: skywalker (at) snu.ac.kr
Office: Building 301 Room 718/751-4
|TA #2: Leonard T. Park (박태준)
Email: leonard.t.park (at) gmail.com
Office: Building 301 Room 718/751-4
This course introduces the fundamentals of feedback systems and methods for control system design and analysis. Examples from a variety of applications, such as electrical, mechanical, biological, and information technology systems, will be used to illustrate how the concepts from control theory can be applied in practice. The course presents a wide range of fundamental results in control theory developed in the past 50 years. Topics include state space models, stability, Lyapunov functions, linear systems, state feedback, reachability, stabilization, observability, state estimation, Kalman filtering, transfer functions, frequency domain analysis and design, Bode plot, Nyquist criterion, and PID control.
- [12/20/2010] Please verify your scores of homework assignments and exams. If you have questions, please contact a TA by Wed (12/22).
- [12/15/2010] Check your score of HW4(corrected), HW5 and HW 6. Finding out any error, please give an Email to TA.
- [12/13/2010] Check your Final Exam Score and if you have any questions about your Final Exam Score, please visit TA's office at Dec.14 (Tue), Dec.15(Wed), pm2:00 ~ 5:00
- [11/18/2010] The final exam will be held on 12/09 (Thur) AM 09:00 for 2 hours at Building 301, Room 118. The exam is closed book, closed note and also covers the whole range of this semester's lecture.
- [11/15/2010] Check your score and if you have any questions about your midterm#2 score, please visit TA's office at Nov.17(Wed), Nov.18(Thur), pm3:30 ~ 5:30 & pm6:30 ~ 8:30
- [11/02/2010] The second midterm will be held on 11/11 (Thur) at 09:00, Building 301, Room 118. The exam is closed book, closed note.
- [10/21/2010] If you have any questions about your midterm score, please visit TA's office at Oct.22(Fri), 10:00am ~ 15:00pm (lunch time around 12:00pm!)
- [10/11/2010] The first midterm will be held on 10/12 (Tues) at 09:30, Building 301, Room 118. The exam is closed book, closed note.
- [09/03/2010] Students can get extra credits by finding out typos or errors from the textbook. Please submit a short report (preferably in English) about your finding to your favorite TA. Reported bugs can be found from the errata page.
- [08/30/2010] The textbook for this course is available for free from the author's homepage where you can also find lecture notes, examples, and related information.
- [08/30/2010] Please read 배움의 윤리.
|1||9/2||A&M Ch. 1||
|2||9/7||A&M Ch. 2.1-2.3||
||9/9||A&M Ch. 2-4
A&M Ch. 3
|3||9/14||A&M Ch. 4.1-4.3||
||9/16||A&M Ch. 4.4-4.5||
|5||9/28||A&M Ch. 5||
|6||10/5||A&M Ch. 6||
||10/14||A&M Ch. 7||
||10/21||A&M Ch. 8||
||10/28||A&M Ch. 9||
|11||11/9||A&M Ch. 10||
|12||11/16||A&M Ch. 11||
|13||11/23||A&M Ch. 12||
- [Required] Karl J. Astrom and Richard M. Murray, “Feedback Systems: An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers,” Princeton University Press, 2008. (free online version)
- [Reference] G.F. Franklin, J.D. Powell, A. Emami-Naeini, "Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems," Prentice Hall, 4th edition, 2002.
- Introduction to control systems and control engineering
- System modeling, State space models, Modeling examples
- Dynamical systems, Stability
- Lyapunov functions, Lyapunov stability
- Linear systems, Matrix exponential, Input/output response, Linearization
- Reachability, Stabilization by state feedback, State feedback design
- Observability, State estimation, State space control systems
- Frequency domain analysis, Transfer functions, Bode plot
- Laplace transforms
- Loop transfer function, Nyquist criterion
- PID control
- Frequency domain design, loop shaping
- Robust performance
- Advanced topics (if time permits)