Office: Building 133 Room 610
Jungchan Cho is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea. His research interests include pattern recognition and computer vision. He received the B.S. degree in the School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea, in 2010.
- 2013-present: Practical Action Recognition and Prediction Technology Using Robust 3D Non-Rigid Structure-from-Motion - National Research Foundation (NRF)
- 2013-present: Biomimetic Recognition Technology - Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA)
- 2014: Human-Level Lifelong Machine Learning - Ministry of Science, ICT, and Future Planning (MSIP)
- 2011-2012: Wireless Camera Sensor Networks Technology - National Research Foundation (NRF)
- 2011: Situation Understanding for Smart Devices - Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA)
- 2010-2011: Fast 3D Face Reconstruction from a Single Image and Its Applications - National Research Foundation (NRF)
- 2010: Fast and Pose-Invariant Face Recognition in Mobile Platform - Samsung Electronics Co.
- Jungchan Cho, Minsik Lee, and Songhwai Oh, "Complex Non-Rigid 3D Shape Recovery Using a Procrustean Normal Distribution Mixture Model," International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 117, no. 3, pp. 226-246, May 2016.
- Jungchan Cho, Inhwan Hwang, and Songhwai Oh, "VibePhone: Efficient Surface Recognition for Smartphones Using Vibration," Pattern Analysis and Applications, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 251-265, Feb. 2016.
- Inhwan Hwang, Jungchan Cho, and Songhwai Oh, "VibeComm: Radio-Free Wireless Communication for Smart Devices Using Vibration," Sensors, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 21151-21173, Nov. 2014.
- Jungchan Cho, Minsik Lee, Hyung Jin Chang, and Songhwai Oh, "Robust Action Recognition Using Local Motion and Group Sparsity", Pattern Recognition, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 1813-1825, May. 2014.
- Jungchan Cho, Minsik Lee, Chong-Ho Choi, and Songhwai Oh, "EM-GPA: Generalized Procrustes Analysis with Hidden Variables for 3D Shape Modeling", Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), vol. 117, no. 11, pp. 1549–1559, Nov. 2013.
- Jiyong Oh, Sang-Il Choi, Chunghoon Kim, Jungchan Cho, and Chong-Ho Choi, "Selective Generation of Gabor Features for Fast Face Recognition on Mobile Devices", Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 34, no. 13, pp. 1540-1547, Oct. 2013.
- Minsik Lee*, Jungchan Cho*, and Songhwai Oh, "Consensus of Non-Rigid Reconstructions," in Proc. of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Jun. 2016. (Oral Presentation, Acceptance Rate: 3.9%) * indicates equal contribution.
- Hyung Jin Chang, Jiyun Kim, Jungchan Cho, Songhwai Oh, Kwang Moo Yi, and Jin Young Choi, "Action Chart: A Representation for Efficient Recognition of Complex Activities," in Proc. of the British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), Sep. 2013. [Video]
- Minsik Lee, Jungchan Cho, Chong-Ho Choi, and Songhwai Oh, "Procrustean Normal Distribution for Non-Rigid Structure from Motion," in Proc. of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Jun. 2013. (Oral Presentation, Acceptance Rate: 3.2%) [Project Page]
- Inhwan Hwang, Jungchan Cho, and Songhwai Oh, "Privacy-Aware Communication for Smartphones Using Vibration", in Proc. of the International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems, Networks, and Applications (CPSNA), Aug. 2012. [Video]
- Jungchan Cho, Inhwan Hwang, and Songhwai Oh, "Vibration-Based Surface Recognition for Smartphones", in Proc. of the International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems, Networks, and Applications (CPSNA), Aug. 2012. [Video]
- Jungchan Cho, Inhwan Hwang, Yoonseon Oh and Songhwai Oh, "A Context-Aware History Map of User Activities", in Proc. of the IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS) Work-In-Progress, Apr. 2012.
- 김지윤, 장형진, 조정찬, 오성회, 최진영, "복잡한 행동 인식 알고리즘 발전을 위한 SNU-Dance 데이터 세트", 정보 및 제어 심포지엄 논문집, 164-165, 2012.
- 조정찬, 오지용, 최종호, "Gabor Feature의 Composite Vector를 이용한 얼굴인식", 대한 전자공학회 하계학술대회, Jun. 2011.